Breast exams have never been so…attractive.
Breast exams have never been so…attractive.
I almost cried at the end.
10 Ways To Be Happy! I love this article. :)
Top 50 Snack Foods!! Check out these healthy snacks when you’re feeling those hunger pangs.
Great website! You can select your interests and the website will find interesting websites that match your interests! :) Check it out.
Aw, thank you. :) It’s sweet of you to check in!! I’ve just been a little busy with work, school, & volunteering. I will post again soon—I have a few days off. :)
Running. Running. Running. You should too. ‘Cause it’s good for you. ;)
1. Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed? Open.
2. Do you take the shampoos and conditioner bottles from hotel? Nope!
3. Do you sleep with your sheets tucked in or out? Out!
4. Have you ever stolen a street sign before? Actually yes…with a friend and it was already on the ground. I’m pretty sure it said “Fox Watch Lane” or something along those lines.
5. Do you like to use post-it notes? Religiously.
6. Do you cut out coupons but then never use them? Yes, unfortunately! I always forget I have them.
7. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of a bees? A big bear…I’d just give him/her a hug. :)
8. Do you have freckles? Yes!
9. Do you always smile for pictures? Usually.
10. What is your biggest pet peeve? Rudeness for no apparent reason.
11. Do you ever count your steps when you walk? Nah.
12. Have you ever peed in the woods? I think so, yeah.
13. What about pooped in the woods? Nope.
14. Do you ever dance even if theres no music playing? Yes, because I’m silly. :)
15. Do you chew your pens and pencils? Ew, nope!
16. How many people have you slept with this week? Null. Zero.
17. What size is your bed? Queen.
18. What is your Song of the week? ”Camilo (The Magician)” by Said the Whale
19. Is it okay for guys to wear pink? Absolutely, do what you want.
20. Do you still watch cartoons? No, I don’t really watch a lot of TV.
21. Whats your least favorite movie? No idea.
22. Where would you bury hidden treasure if you had some? Under my bed because I want to meet the lucky fellow that finds it!!
23. What do you drink with dinner? Water.
24. What do you dip a chicken nugget in? Honey Mustard
25. What is your favorite food? I don’t think I have a favorite but my diet is pretty much soups, salads, sandwiches, fruit smoothies, oatmeal, fruits, and veggies.
26. What movies could you watch over and over and still love? The Notebook and the Harry Potter movies.
27. Last person you kissed/kissed you? My ex.
28. Were you ever a boy/girl scout? Yes, I was a brownie!
29. Would you ever strip or pose nude in a magazine? Nope.
30. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper? This week! I send a little package to my grandparents. :)
31. Can you change the oil on a car? Nope! I don’t know a whole lot about cars.
32. Ever gotten a speeding ticket? Nope! :)
33. Ran out of gas? No I usually fill up before it’s empty!
34. Favorite kind of sandwich? I don’t have one favorite but I like turkey and veggies on whole grain bread.
35 Best thing to eat for breakfast? I like to have scrambled eggs whites with a little cheese and whole grain bread.
36. What is your usual bedtime? I try to go to bed between 10:00 and 12:00.
37. Are you lazy? Once in a while I will laze about.
38. When you were a kid, what did you dress up as for Halloween? A bumble bee, Hermione, a witch, Cinderella, and a pumpkin.
39. What is your Chinese astrological sign? Cancer the Crab
40. How many languages can you speak? English and I am learning German and Spanish.
41. Do you have any magazine subscriptions? Nope.
42.Which are better legos or lincoln logs? Legos because you can get more creative.
43. Are you stubborn? Yes, but it depends on the situation.
44. Who is better…Leno or Letterman? I don’t really care.
45. Ever watch soap operas? Nope.
46. Afraid of heights? Not really.
47. Sing in the car? All the time.
48. Dance in the shower? Nope!
49. Dance in the car? Occasionally.
50. Ever used a gun? A water gun!
51. Last time you got a portrait taken by a photographer? Senior year in high school.
52. Do you think musicals are cheesy? Yes but in a good way.
53. Is Christmas stressful? When I can’t people what I want to get them, yes.
54. Ever eat a pierogi? I don’t even know what that is.
55. Favorite type of fruit pie? Apple.
56. Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid? Singer, dancer, actress, performer, artist or cartoonist.
57. Do you believe in ghosts? Yes.
58. Ever have a Deja-vu feeling? Yes!
59. Take a vitamin daily? Yep, vitamin D.
60. Wear slippers? Nope, just socks.
61. Wear a bath robe? Nope!
62. What do you wear to bed? Pajamas!
63. First concert? Britney Spears
64. Wal-Mart, Target or Kmart? Target.
65. Nike or Adidas? Nike.
66.Cheetos Or Fritos? Cheetos. I hate Fritos, GROSS.
67. Peanuts or Sunflower seeds? Both!
68. Ever hear of the group Tres Bien? Nope.
69. Ever take dance lessons? For ten years. I want to start back up again.
70. Is there a profession you picture your future spouse doing? Anything that helps support the family.
71. Can you curl your tongue? Yes.
72. Ever won a spelling bee? Nope but I got close!
73. Have you ever cried because you were so happy? Yes.
74. Own any record albums? Nope.
75. Own a record player? My parents do but I don’t.
76. Regularly burn incense? Nope.
77. Ever been in love? Yes.
78. Who would you like to see in concert? Lights.
79. What was the last concert you saw? I think it was No Doubt but I can’t remember.
80.Hot tea or cold tea? Both!
81.Tea or coffee? Both!
82. Sugar or snickerdoodles? Sugar.
83.Can you swim well? I’m a decent swimmer.
84.Can you hold your breath without holding your nose? Yes.
85. Are you patient? Yes.
86. DJ or band, at a wedding? Both!
87.Ever won a contest? I can’t remember!
88. Ever have plastic surgery? Nope.
89. Which are better black or green olives? Depends on what it’s with. I like both.
90.Can you knit or crochet? Nope.
91. Best room for a fireplace? Living room.
92. Do you want to get married? Yes
93. If married, how long have you been married? N/A
94. Who was your HS crush? My boyfriend at the time.
95. Do you cry and throw a fit until you get your own way? No, I’m not a child.
96. Do you have kids? Nope.
97. Do you want kids? A whole school bus! ;)
98. Whats your favorite color? Purple.
99. Do you miss anyone right now? My family.
100. Did you watch, Next Great American Band on FOX? Random question…and nope.
I have decided to make this not just a health and fitness blog but also my personal blog. I don’t really talk about my personal life on here a whole lot and I’m thinking it’s time for a change. It gets boring reading a blog and not knowing the face behind it. This will remain a fitness blog—don’t worry. Nutrition and fitness are a huge part of my life and a great interest of mine but I would also like to share the other important things in my life as well. :) Hopefully my followers will enjoy this new change to my blog. I hope you all enjoy learning more about myself and I hope to learn more about ya’ll as well. :)
I’m silly. :)
My crazy Halloween nails…BOO!
Here’s some fun things you should do this fall! Treat yourself, treat a loved one!
1. Carve a pumpkin. It’s inexpensive and a fun activity to do with kids! I mentor a little girl every week and yesterday we carved a really cute pumpkin. We both enjoyed it! :)
2. Roast the pumpkin seeds! Fun and yummy!
3. Sip on some hot tea. There’s a ton of tea flavors that go great with fall. Sip on some hot tea as the weather gets cooler!
4. Don’t tune out on your run. Once you see that the leaves are turning and are falling off the trees go for a run. Forget the iPod and just enjoy the beauty of the nature around you.
5. Get festive! Decorate your home!
6. Funky nails. Paint your nails with the colors of fall. Get funky around Halloween! I love the new crackle nails polishes. Paint your nails orange and black! I bought some fake nails at Walmart for Halloween—they are too cute. They look like mummy wrappings and they glow in the dark. A little crazy for me but it’s fun for Halloween so why not!? (If I remember I will upload a picture!)
7. Bake! Bake healthy applie bread, pumpkin bread, etc. Bake Halloween cupcakes and decorate. YUM! This may be a health blog but that doesn’t mean you can’t celebrate the season with something sweet. :)
8. Light a scented candle. Your home with feel just a little bit cozier! Read a book with a candle lit and relax!
9. Run a Fall 5k! Find a race to run or just make one up for fun with your work out buddies.
10. Smile! You’re more beautiful that way. Have a fun, safe season!
Hey there! It’s a stressful time, especially for you college kids! Exams, papers, midterm grades, extracurricular activities, working, volunteering…
I feel your pain.
I’ve been working, going to school, mentoring, and participating in this club called Active Minds (Side note: Check out Active Minds if you support mental health and mental illness awareness.) I stay extremely busy with all this going on! (Not to mention that I am also trying to keep up with my fitness regime!!) It’s tough, it really is. Especially at this time of year.
Here’s a friendly reminder to stick with your health ambitions despite the busy schedule. First of all—SLEEP. It’s hard when you’re a college student, I know. It is essential to get that sleep though because you need to refresh your body. Sleep helps you retain information, including what you may have studied that day! Getting enough sleep can also help with weight management. Your mood is better and you think better! I learned in one of my classes that there was a study that revealed sleep deprived drivers drive WORSE than intoxicated drivers! If that doesn’t convince you here’s another fact—students who get enough sleep earn BETTER grades than those who are sleep deprived. Also think about when you consume alcohol before sleep because alcohol helps you fall asleep but it prevents you from getting to the deep sleep stages that make you feel alert, energized, and refreshed.
Second, EAT healthy foods. When we are stressed we don’t want those fruits and veggies! We tend to crave pizza, cookies, and anything loaded with fat and calories. Don’t fall in the trap. Prevent excess stress by eating right—it will help your mind AND body feel ready to take on anything!!
Third, DON’T put EXERCISE in the backseat. You might feel stressed and like you’ve got too much on your plate but exercise can help you RELIEVE some of that stress you’ve got. Use it as “me time”. Take a break, listen to some music, then when you’re done get back to work! It doesn’t have to be an hour—just get 20-40 minutes of cardio! Do yoga, stretch, etc.
I hope this information leads you to make healthy choices! If you follow these simple rules you’ll be a shining star and leave those sleep deprived and sluggish students in the dust!!
You got this! ;)